Sunday 13 September 2009

Mondays Featured Seller

Todays featured seller is Folksy seller Chloe from Hatastic



What is your name/business name?
Hatastic!

What is your craft?
I design and make fascinators, headdresses, and other such hair accessories.



How long have you been crafting for?
I have always made things, but Hatastic! was officially born in March 2009

What is your most favourite thing about your craft?
I LOVE being able to put things together from whatever I can find at home or in secondhand shops! Currently I am making a bespoke piece for a client which includes a pheasant feather. I didn't have any fabric that was quite the right colour to go with the feather, and used an old makeup bag which was totally unusable and had aged naturally, so the gorgeous patent pewter colour of the bag was cut up! Looks fab!



And the least favourite?
Paperwork!


Where do you sell your work?
Folksy and a bit on Etsy, but I am lucky to have a few stockists too.
Eco Emporia
Rococo Ethical Boutique
The Oriental Magpie
Shop Curious
Mary Portas Living and Giving Shop



I am also featured in
Not Just a Label
Cosa Verde

Anything else you'd like to tell us?
I am also a blogger for Eclipse Magazine on hat fashion. Check out the current competition where you can win the exclusive Eclipse Fascinator! Ends on 14th September so enter now!

http://www.eclipsemagazine.co.uk/magazine/winaneclipsefascinatorfromhatastic.html

Thanks so much for answering my questions and I hope you'll all enter the competition as it ends today!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely feature. What gorgeous hats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shop! Thanks for sharing. I have to say...I'm completely intrigued by hats and fascinators. In my younger days I collected many hats. Now that I'm home all day with the kids, I only wear them to play dress up. I think I need to experiment with some...just for fun so we can play with them!!

    P.S...this one by far is my favorite:

    http://www.folksy.com/items/50748-Dusky-Pink-Vintage-Sequin-Hairband?shop=yes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stuff and interesting interview. THanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete