Tuesday 7 December 2010

Craft Fairs

Last year I got so fed up with poor fairs that had totally stressed me out beforehand, that I made a deciscion not to do any other than the one at my sons school this Christmas. But I actually found that I was missing them in a strange way, so ended up signing up for 2 others last minute.

And maybe I was just lucky, or maybe I've grown more experienced at what sells at these fairs, but I did my last one on Sunday and I've really enjoyed them and consider all 3 of them to have been successful.

For me, the nicest thing about them is that I get to make things that just don't sell well for me online, so I get to challenge myself to come up with new designs. The worst thing about them is when people take a quick glance at yet another jewellery stall and walk past without even taking the time to look at my work properly.

I think one of the things I've learned is to judge the fairs before agreeing to do them. In previous years I did all fairs that I found out about and on a couple of occasions just about scaped my table price. This time round I only did fairs with a small number of sellers and it has worked well.


Grey Pearl and Blue Crystal Necklace

1 comment: