Monday 25 May 2009

Mondays Featured Seller

Today I am featuring Marie from WEE Clothing on Folksy.

What is your name/business name?
My name is Marie and my business name is WEE which is the name my niece aged 3 used as she couldn't pronounce. Friends picked up on it and have called it me ever since. I wanted my business name to be personal to me.

What is your craft?
I hand-finish ladies and children's t-shirts using fun felt motifs designed for those who want to break free of what the high street dictates is this seaons 'must have'.


I have played around with clothes and anything else I could I could get my crafty hands on all of my life. I began making my ladies t-shirts in 2007. The children's t-shirts came later in 2008.

What is your favourite thing about your craft?
My favourite thing about making t-shirts is coming up with new designs. I worry that I'm not going to be able to come up with new ideas but once I kick my brain into gear, the ideas pour out. Ladies designs are always the hardest to think up. The children's are easy as I'm a big child at heart.


And your least favourite?
My least favourite thing is working around the clock to get orders finished.

Where do you sell your work?
My t-shirts are available to buy online at WEE Clothing. I sell my ladies and children's t-shirts one Sunday a month at Duck Pond Market, Ruislip. The children's are also stocked at Emporium Tea Rooms in London and Karine's Kids at Camden Lock Market, London.

Where do you get your inspiration?
My inspiration comes from many places. I have a love for nature which is why so many of my t-shirts feature animals or plants. For my ladies designs I like to create opular traditional designs that are immediately recognisable such as Ace of Diamonds and Cherries.


So I hope you will check out Marie's great website and Folksy shop!

2 comments:

  1. What great t-shirts! My youngest son would have run screaming if I had told him I bought him a t-shirt with a spider on it! He's 17 years old now, and still a bit scared of spiders, but at least he doesn't call MOMMY as soon as he sees one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awsome t-shirts, the monkey one is FAB, great interview thank you xx

    ReplyDelete