Tuesday 8 June 2010

Chasing My Tail

Today is one of those days. In fact, it's been one of those weeks! I seem to have so much to do, that nothing much is getting done. It seems like ages since I made anything new and I'm starting to get withdrawal symtoms - not quite the shakes but close enough LOL!

I think since I spent all last week preparing for the school fair and this week working on custom orders (which I love!) is leaving me missing the buzz of making something completely new.

I should say that the school fair was really pretty good and as a result I have orders for 2 necklaces, a bracelet, a pair of earrings and flowergirls jewellery. But instead of being productive, I seem to just be looking at the beads and worrying I'll not get them done.

Is it just me, or does anyone else just faff about when they are at their busiest?

6 comments:

  1. it's not faffing, it's creative thought processing. vital for a good result in your finished design.
    I have it all the time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I've been trying to get myself to slow down and instead I've been making new things. I keep telling myself, "just one more and that's it". I have two more necklaces to finish and then...I'm hanging it up for a couple of weeks...or so I told myself this morning!

    You do so much great work, maybe YOU need a break!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be interested to see if you do actually hang it up for a while or if the lure of the beads is too great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH I recently took a bit of a brea from crafting I found that when I went back I was better and more productive! Maybe something to consider..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am hoping to have a break when we go to Cornwall next month, so maybe I'll feel less faffy on my return :D

    ReplyDelete