Wednesday 17 March 2010

Happy St Patricks Day!

Just wanting to wish everyone a very happy St Patricks Day!

I actually think that its a much bigger deal in the US than it is here in Northern Ireland though. It's a Bank Holiday here, so lots of people off work but the kids were at school. So I took myself off to the gym, only to find out that everyone else had the same idea. Every single piece of equipment was in use so I just changed back into my jeans and went to Starbucks for a latte and chocolate muffin :)

In honour of the Irish, I'd recommend you check out some of these brilliant shops.
Blue Card by Propeller in Dublin


Lilac Czech Flowers and Leaves Earrings by Lightkeeping in Cork


Original Mixed Media -purple colored Real Estate for Sale in quirky Irish village by Iris O'Connor in Dun Laoghaire, Dublin.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Alison for including my Ballinasnoot houses:))))))))

    love the cards and the earrings!!

    PS: what's your goldfish called?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you so much for the feature. I did not know parades are not held in Northern Ireland on St. Patrick's Day. Well, I assume so, as you did not mention it in your post. I just love the parades. I do not really see them tho, as I go to them as a participant with my national minority group. You can see a couple of photos on my blog if you feel like it:)
    http://lightkeeping.blogspot.com/
    Thanks again, I am very honored to be featured on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a parade in Belfast but its not a big thing - the kids were at school and even the Post Office stayed open!

    Iris, the goldfish was called Speedy - sadly he died recently. Really must update my profile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are wonderful,
    love the mix Media!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those earrings are gorgeous - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Alison for including my Deco Daisy card! What a great surprise. You sound like a girl after my own heart, my instinct would have been to get a muffin and a coffee too, that sounds far more pleasant than a session on the treadmill.
    X
    Alex

    ReplyDelete