Tuesday 25 August 2009

Have you ever been to County Antrim?

In the second installment of my Northern Ireland virtual tour, I'm going to cover Co. Antrim where I live.

The first thing is everyone already knows a little about this county without realising is because everyone has heard of the World Heritage site, the Giants Causeway.



The question is, was it volcanic activity that caused it or was it the giant Finn McCool?

The coastal scenery adjacent to the causeway is some of the most beautiful and awe inspiring that you are likely to find anywhere. Majestic cliffs, inaccessible bays, long stretches of beach and ruined castles - this stretch of the coast has it all.

White Park Bay




Dunluce Castle


I'd also recommend Carrick a Rede Rope Bridge to those with a good head for heights.


If you are needing somewhere to stay or just to have a bite to eat, I'd recommend The Bushmills Inn which is a stones throw from both the oldest Irish Whiskey Distillery and Royal Portrush Golf Club



Of course, Ireland is also called the Emerald Isle for a reason - it is lush and green because of the rain, so don't forget to pack a raincoat!

4 comments:

  1. I love the North Coast! We did the Giants Causeway to Rope Bridge walk back in June and it took about two hours longer than we anticipated because we kept stopping to take photos! I must get round to editing that lot - if I recall we even had a rainbow over White Park Bay, let's hope the photo comes out well! Next time I'll be round for a cuppa ta!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura - I will never ever do the rope bridge walk! Am far too scared of heights

    ReplyDelete