Sunday 30 August 2009

Back at School

I can hardly believe the kids are back at school today. When they started their summer holidays at the end of June. the 9 weeks stretched ahead of us and I viewed it with a mixture of dread and anticipation.

Routine has gone out the window with them both sleeping regularly until after 8. The drudgery of the school lunchbox was no more. I didn't need to have uniforms ready every morning.

We seemed to do loads this holiday too, even though the weather has been really disapointing. We had our 2 weeks in Cornwall, a few days in Scotland, our day trip to Malahide, we've been to the cinema, snow tubing, been walking on the north coast, had sleepovers, been to the beach and played with friends.

Back to the school run, all the after school activities and nose to the grindstone for Alex, who has to sit her Common Entrance Exam in November.

All good things come to an end I suppose. But I'm sorry it's over.

3 comments:

  1. Me too.
    My girl had 6 weeks and I had 4 weeks off.
    But I am sad she is going back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby and I and the two girls all had the summer off and really just hung out and did nothing...it was AWESOME! I am going to miss summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really never thought I would miss them so much but the house was horribly quiet yesterday

    ReplyDelete